New “Let it Ride” Option makes it easier to sell your gear – see below for details
No late equipment pick-up option in Barrie – unsold equipment not entered into the “Let it Ride” program must be picked up at the Swap on Sunday between 4:00 and 5:30 pm or at the Canadian Ski Patrol Office in Toronto on December 5th, 6th and 7th.
New for 2017 – “Let it Ride” pilot program.
Five reasons to “Let it Ride”
- Increase your chances of selling your gear by accessing up to five swaps (Barrie, Toronto, Snow Valley, Keswick, Centennial).
- Save time and money - Register your equipment for sale just once
- Stay informed - Track the sales status of your gear online
- Convenient - Have the proceeds mailed to you if all your gear sells.
- Flexible - Donate your unsold equipment to charity if you choose
For patrons who are serious about selling used skis, snowboards and boots;
- Choose the “Let it Ride” option when you first register your equipment for sale at the Barrie Swap (sorry – no opting in later).
- Pay the normal $2 fee per item to enter it in the Barrie Swap, and the 20% sales commission if it sells.
- If your equipment does not sell at the Barrie Swap the “Let it Ride” option takes effect. A handling fee of $5 per item will be charged to have your equipment moved to each of the remaining four swap locations. The fee applies whether your equipment sells or not.
- If your equipment sells we will mail you a cheque for the proceeds, less the handling fee and the sales commission of 20%
- Pick up any unsold equipment at the Canadian Ski Patrol Office, 750 Oakdale Rd Toronto (Hwy 400 and Finch) from December 5th to 7th. The handling fee of $5 per item will be collected at time of pick-up.
“Let it Ride” Fine Print:
- Only skis, snowboards and ski/snowboard boots are eligible for “Let it Ride”.
- You must choose the “Let it Ride” option when you first register your equipment for the Barrie Swap.
- Your equipment must remain in the swap at the same selling price until all five swaps are completed.
- A handling fee of $5 per item will be charged, regardless of whether the equipment sells or not. This fee is in addition to the $2 per item charged for the Barrie Swap.
- Unsold equipment will be available for pick-up between the hours of XX am and XX pm at the Canadian Ski Patrol Office located at 750 Oakdale Rd Toronto (Hwy 400 and Finch Ave) on December 5th, 6th and 7th. There is no local Barrie pick-up location. Unclaimed equipment becomes the property of the Canadian Ski Patrol.