New for 2018 at the Barrie Ski Swap and Show!
✔ Our “Let it Ride” option for selling your gear is even better this year – see below.
✔ Our Public Receiving hours for accepting equipment for sale have been extended!
Selling your equipment involves two decisions:
- Take my chances at one swap only or go all in and “Let it Ride” for five swaps!
- Set a price for each item that is fair for both you and the buyer. We can provide information to help, but the decision is yours to make.
Barrie Swap Only:
- Bring your gently used equipment to the Barrie Swap, preferably Friday afternoon or evening.
- Pay a registration fee of $2 per item.
- On Sunday afternoon, pick up a cheque for what sold (minus a 20% sales commission) and any unsold items. Equipment not picked up Sunday becomes the property of the Canadian Ski Patrol.
“Let it Ride” for five option:
- Bring your gear to the Barrie Swap on Friday (afternoon/evening) or Saturday morning.
- Pay a registration fee of $5 per item.
- Your equipment travels to up to five swaps until it sells. You can check online to see if your equipment has sold.
- We mail you a cheque for the proceeds (minus a 20% sales commission) for the items that sell.
- Pick up any unsold equipment at the Canadian Ski Patrol Office, 750 Oakdale Rd Toronto (Hwy 400 and Finch) from December 4th to 6th, or donate it to Ski Patrol.
Five reasons to “Let it Ride”
- Increase your chances of selling your gear by accessing up to five swaps (Barrie, Toronto, Snow Valley, Keswick, Centennial).
- Save time and money - Register your equipment for sale just once and pay just $5.
- Stay informed - Track the sales status of your gear online.
- Convenient - Have the proceeds mailed to you if all your gear sells.
- Flexible - Donate your unsold equipment to charity if you choose
“Let it Ride” Fine Print:
- Only skis, snowboards and ski/snowboard boots are eligible for “Let it Ride”.
- You must choose the “Let it Ride” option when you first register your equipment at the Barrie Swap.
- Your equipment remains at the same selling price until all five swaps are completed.
- Unsold equipment will be available for pick-up at the Canadian Ski Patrol Office, 750 Oakdale Rd Toronto (Hwy 400 & Finch Ave) on December4th to 6th. There is no local Barrie pick-up location. Unclaimed equipment becomes the property of the Canadian Ski Patrol.